An individual may register to vote in Illinois if he/she is 18 years or older on the next election day, resides in the jurisdiction for 30 days prior to the election, is a U.S. citizen, and does not claim the right to vote anywhere else
Registering to vote has never been easier or more convenient. You may register to vote one of three ways:
You may complete an application online via the Illinois State Board of Elections website here.
NOTE: To apply electronically you must provide:
- Your Illinois Drivers License number or Illinois Secretary of State issued State ID number.
- Date the license or ID was issued.
- The last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Your birth date.
You can also register by mail using an approved registration application form. You may download a PDF registration form from the DuPage Election Division. Instructions are included on the form for where to mail it.
Please note the following deadline information:
- You must print, sign, and mail or deliver this form no later than 28 days before the next election.
- If you do not receive a confirmation within 4 weeks of mailing or delivering this form, call the Election Division at (630) 407-5600.
You can register in person at local City, Village, or Township Halls in DuPage County or at the Election Division's office in addition to some local Libraries. When registering, be sure to bring two forms of identification with you, one of which must have your correct name and address on it. You do not need a photo ID to register.