Please follow these guidelines:
- Refuse may not be placed out at the curb before 4 p.m. on the Sunday prior to trash pick-up
- All empty refuse containers must be removed from the curb by 10 p.m. on the day of pick-up
- For more information, please view the Pick-up Information page
Refuse violations are administered in a 3-step enforcement program:
- 1st Violation - A courtesy reminder letter will be issued advising of the ordinance
- 2nd Violation - A written warning citation will be issued
- 3rd Violation and Subsequent Violations in a 12-month Period - A $30 Village Ordinance citation will be issued
Homeowners who are clearing out seasonal brush and storm damage brush should keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Brush and Yard Waste pick-up begins the first Monday of April and continues through the last Monday in November
- Yard Waste must be placed in biodegradable paper bags or a reusable container no larger than 34 gallons clearly marked “Yard Waste” weighing a maximum of 50 lbs
- Brush is picked up every Monday - any homeowner who needs brush disposal at any other time must contact a landscaper for disposal of materials
- Brush must be bundled with biodegradable twine with a maximum weight of 50 lbs. Each bundle must be in neat manageable piles, with cut ends facing the street, placed on the parkway
- Branches and limbs can be up to 6 inches in diameter and no longer than 4 feet. Larger branches and tree trunks must be handled by homeowners
The Village of Itasca does not provide pick-up for unbundled brush piles.
Refuse, recycling and brush / yard waste may not be placed out at the curb before 4 p.m. on the Sunday prior to trash pick-up.
All empty refuse containers must be removed from the curb by 10 p.m. on the day of pick-up. There will be no garbage pick-up on the following dates:
There will be garbage pick-up on President’s Day, Columbus Day, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.