Guidelines for Brush Collection
- Homeowners who are clearing out seasonal brush and storm damage brush should keep the following guidelines in mind: Brush and Yard Waste pick-up begins the 1st Monday of April and continues through the last Monday in November.
- Yard Waste must be placed in biodegradable paper bags or a reusable container no larger than 34 gallons clearly marked “Yard Waste” weighing a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Brush is picked up every Monday - any homeowner who needs brush disposal at any other time must contact a landscaper for disposal of materials.
- Brush must be bundled with biodegradable twine with a maximum weight of 50 pounds. Each bundle must be in neat manageable piles, with cut ends facing the street, placed on the parkway.
- Branches and limbs can be up to 6 inches in diameter and no longer than 4 feet. Larger branches and tree trunks must be handled by homeowners.
- The Village of Itasca does not provide pick-up for unbundled brush piles.
- Please note: Refuse, recycling and brush/yard waste may not be placed out at the curb before 4 p.m. on the Sunday prior to trash pick-up
- All empty refuse containers must be removed from the curb by 10 p.m. on the day of pick-up.
Garbage is picked up each Monday except when the Monday falls on one of the following days:
- 4th of July
- Christmas Day
- Labor Day
- Memorial Day
- New Years
Best Practices for Leaf Removal